Saturday, February 28, 2009

Tony's Week Six: The One About Valentine's Day


You know what Tony's Week Six of Doing Something Awesome was not? It was not about being up to date on his blogs. Nope, not in the slightest.

I could argue that I've been so busy doing awesome things that I haven't been able to keep up with updating my online persona to accurately reflect my awesomenisity. Awesomenisity: Copyright Tony 2009. But that would be lying. On the Internet!

So, instead, my humble apologies. And we move on to what I have actually accomplished: Anonymous Valentines!

Of course, this was, you know, over two weeks ago. When it was Valentine's Day.

The project was simple. I created (and in some instances bought cheesy) Valentines with simple messages of what I thought were good qualities about people I know and have known over the years. Then, I sent them anonymously. The idea was that they would get a Valentine's that was uplifting and personal, but from an unknown source. I went through a bit of research to find some old high school names and addresses and this turned into the most thorough prep I've done for a DSA. But I think it was worth it. Unfortunately, I had to be pretty particular about who got a Valentine because I didn't want any future discussion (or DSA blog post) to spoil the anonymity of the gesture. And hopefully, no one will be the wiser.

Roses and Red. Violets are Blue. What makes this DSA so special is that it was the first one meant to improve the life of you. (It's late. The actual Valentine's were better. I assure you.) Hopefully, more DSAs will be good will gestures as I think that part of improving yourself through the DSA project is reaching out to others. Which is why next week I hope to not hate on homeless people! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment