Saturday, February 14, 2009

TJ's Week Six: Actually Seeing a Real Celebrity



So earlier this week, I came into the office only to be pounced on by a coworker.

"Philip Seymour Hoffman is filming down at the Food Emporium," she squealed. "Let's go stalk him."

Hoffman was filming Jack Goes Boating, which, I'm told, he also starred in when it was an off-Broadway show. I guess he's a pretty big star? He, like, won an Oscar or something. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan. I've still got Capote on my Netflix queue.

But whatever. I wasn't about to say no to a real celebrity sighting. After all, fake celebrity will only get me so far.

So I walked down the the grocery store with a few coworkers. We were allowed to go in and shop even though the crew was everywhere and we were obviously tripping over their cables and such. While my coworker Jen pretended to be interested in energy drinks, we scoped out the place: and there was Mr. Hoffman, resplendent in a little beanie cap and olive army jacket.

"Cool," I said.

"Yeah," said the unimpressed cashier as she rung up my coworker's Vitamin Water. "I guess he's okay. He won an Oscar or something, right?"

So that's my cool thing this week. My very first For Serious NYC Celebrity Sighting. And it wasn't a crap celebrity like Jessica Simpson. My guy has an Oscar.

No comments:

Post a Comment